Sunday, June 23, 2013

MSI: Episode 3 PT. 1 - The Tribes

MONKEY JOE – RED

            They appeared back on their mat at their beach. The last of the sun’s rays said goodnight.

            Gambit laughed into his gloved hand, composed himself and started toward the shelter.

            Emma Frost cut Gambit off. “What’s funny?” She growled. She opened her mouth and closed it. She knew what was funny, but the frustration of not getting her way got to her. Diamond sparkled across her body. She magnified the flickering fire behind her.

HUMAN TORCH (Shirtless in red shorts and standing with arms folded. Little bushes surround him. He kicked one of them and it ignited.) Oops. (He blew it out.) I can command fire with a single thought. That’s what Vision didn’t understand. (He looked up to the left.) Even though I didn’t do that with the fire he whined about, I did do it with this fire. I commanded it stay contained. It wouldn’t matter if a tree fell into the pit, the little fire would stay in its little place and be a little flame. (He made a face and gestured with his hands as if he was playing with a tiny flame. He cleared his throat.) No jungle fires on this beach. Unless I say so.

            Gambit held up his gloved hands hiding his eyes. “You are a sore loser, no?” He grabbed a handful of sand, grinned and tossed the charged grains into the air. They exploded in a firework display. “I’m still here.” He took a step to the side and continued on his way.  

            Human Torch stared at the exploding sand grains. “Ooh, pretty.”

            “It is.” Jamie Madrox agreed.

            Human Torch rolled his eyes and followed Gambit.

            Jamie shrugged.

            Black Widow mouthed, Told you so.

GAMBIT (He wore black shorts, no shirt and a red buff around his bicep. He sat on a log with the sun rising behind him.) Madam Frost thought she cornered me. You cannot corner a thief. Not one that is as good as me, no? No. (He shook his finger in the air.) She is going to have a shock that’ll knock her mental self out. I will not suffer her wrath. She’ll go before I do.

            Emma Frost said, “Ladies, may I have a word?”

            Domino and Black Widow followed Emma into the trees.

            Thor elbowed Jamie Madrox. “Why did they wonder off to speak?”

            Jamie pushed Thor’s elbow away. “Be careful. Don’t jostle me. I pop them out like a fertile Myrdal.”

            “Huh?” Thor looked at Jamie.

            “Never mind.” His face reveled thinking. “There are only three of them. There are four of us.”

            “Four?” Thor counted and then held up two fingers.

            “You do need another dinosaur.”

            Thor put his hand over his stomach. “Yes.”

            “Fine. Tomorrow I’ll help you hunt. Wake me up.” Jamie Madrox headed toward the shelter.

            “Do not be a wuss, Jamie. I will wake you before the sun cracks.” Thor walked behind him.

            “Crack of dawn.”

            Thor made a face. “I do not know of any Dawn.”

            Jamie Madrox shook his head. “How long have you been with the Avengers? Never mind.”

JAMIE MADROX (No shirt, red shorts and he stood leaning on his shoulder against a tree. The M tattoo made him look more serious than he was.) What if I was a tribe of my own? I create eight dups and we compete in challenges against all these fools? (He shrugged.) A passing thought. It wouldn’t work anyway. A douchebag dup might pop up and that would be the end of my mighty run. I’m so hungry I might make a dup just to eat. How would that go over? I’d probably just absorb him and then feel the pain of his death. Thor isn’t the brightest god I’ve ever dealt with, but he is one of our strongest. And he single handedly kept us from losing worse during the first challenge. (He closed his eyes.) I guess I’m going to make this all guy thing work. Don’t know why women like to do this. Like to make it a sex thing. Whatever. I’m going to have to play nice with the Human Torch. Not easy. His ego’s big enough to fit the fat lady that’ll be singing when I make it to the final three? Right? Squirrel Girl’s going to have to explain this ending to us again.

            Jamie Madrox walked over to where Gambit and Johnny were talking. Human Torch fell back onto the makeshift bed, grimaced, rolled over and pretended to go to sleep.  

            Gambit snickered. “I will sleep too.” He snuggled up next to Human Torch.

            Human Torch’s eyes shot open. “What are you doing?”

            “You’re toasty.”

            Human Torch scooted away from Gambit. “I don’t need to feel any good morning from you.”

            Gambit batted his eyes. “I am cold.”

            “I don’t care.”

            “Boys, boys I can make you a dup to cuddle up to. Sometimes a gay one finds his way out,” Jamie said.

            Gambit’s eyebrows furrowed. “Have you ever…?”

            “No. No. And No I have never thought of it either.” Jamie Madrox waved both hands in front of his face. “Erase that thought. I am trying really hard.”

            Gambit laughed. “If possible, I would.”

            “No one asked.” Human Torch scooted further away.

            Thor folded his arm. “I do not understand this conversation.”

            Jamie put his hand on Thor’s shoulder. “Be grateful you’re ignorant on this topic. At this moment, I envy you.”

            Cameras floated around the ladies. The heroes have become engrossed in the game that they no longer noticed them.

            Emma Frost returned her skin to normal. “We have a problem.”

            “There’s only three of us.” Domino put her hands on her hips. Her fingers fiddled with one of her guns. “Which of the boys are the weakest?” She tapped the side of her head.

            Black Widow held her arms feeling a little cold in moonlight. “Better question. Which has a bruised ego that needs stroked? Human Torch. He’s the one that has the biggest problem with Jamie. The other two seem to like Jamie. We target Human Torch, get him to vote Jaime and we will have the upper hand. I can convince both of them they’re being gunned for by the other. I’ve already started.

            Emma Frost dug her feet into the sand. “There is no way we could get them to vote off Gambit?”

            “You are going to have to let that rivalry go.” Black Widow pulled her hair back and wrapped a piece of grass around it to put it up in a ponytail. “We are outnumbered. If they grow a cell or two in their brains, we are doomed.”

            Domino agreed.

            Emma Frost reluctantly agreed as well. “Or we might surprise everyone. We might win our first challenge.”

            Domino gave a thumbs up. “Possible. Maybe even probable.”

ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

            Deadpool was cleaning one of his guns. He nodded toward Vision sitting on the other side of the white room.

            “No color?” Vision looked around the room. He stared at the TV.

            “He’s been saying that over and over again. I tried to shoot him. I did.” He shook his gun in Vision’s direction.

            And?

            “It didn’t work. I shot myself in the foot just to test to see if the bullets are real.” He swallowed hard. “Real. I got some mean bullets in these things.” He pulled a sword out from behind his back. “I could slice him.” He pointed with his sword to the middle of the room. “RED!”

            Vision followed where he pointed. “Blood. Yours. Poor hygiene. When will someone clean up this mess?” He looked into one of the cameras. “I am fine. I will not get sick from blood lying around.”

            Deadpool rolled his eyes.

            What’s your problem?

            He shot up both his hands. “I need my own area.”

            Just ask.

            Deadpoool stopped cleaning his gun and sighed. “Are you here for my opinion on what’s going on?”

            Vision turned and faced Deadpool. “I’m here because I was voted off.”

            “I wanna shoot him hardcore. In the eye. Destroy that hard drive. Just once.”

            Vision stared blankly at Deadpool. “You asked. I answered.”

            Deadpool stood. “I asked. But not you.”

            Vision gestured to the bland room. “Who else is here?”

            Deadpool pointed to the cameras floating around. “They are. I’d rather talk to them.”

            Anything on what’s going on?

            “Gambit screwed The White Queen. Royally. Pun intended double time.”

SPLIPPY PETE – GOLD

            Cyclops lifted his glasses and red optic blast hit part of the frozen dinosaur. The ice cracked under the pressure and the leg broke off. It flew into the air and Rogue caught it.

            “Oh, nice one Scott. This ought to be a good lunch.” Rogue dropped the leg near the fire.

            Cyclops closed his eyes, lifted his glasses and wiped the sweat from his brow and nose. He lowered them back. “Hot.”

            “Not so close.” Iron Man waved Rogue back. “The water might snuff the flames.”

            “Sorry, suga’.” She dragged the leg several feet back toward the ocean water and away from the fire.

            Iron Man nodded. He lifted his hands that had the gloves on and imitated heat waves. The ice was already melting, but with Iron Man helping out, it melted five times as fast.

ROGUE (Blue shorts, gold shirt with an X. She had her arms wrapped around her knees and sat on the beach staring at the water. The sunset behind her.): Mr. Fantastic created uh nice little area for me to sleep in. Ah appreciate him. Keep me from accidently touching anyone. Ah have stayed away from everyone in that regard. (She waved her hand in front of her face.) Ah’m sweatin’ like a whore in church. Ah have been told ah was a whore in church. Another story for no other time. Tony is less flirty than normal. Ah noticed that. It’s awkward to have a reserved Iron Man walkin’ around camp. Not shootin’ out degrading woman comments that ah’d slap any other male for utterin’. Psylocke and Ah’ve formed a bond or alliance or a union… (She giggled.) …that’s that church thing again. Ah mean we are going to vote together. We haven’t decided who is our target, but Ah’m sure it’s someone with glasses.

            Spider-Man still in shorts, no shirt and now no gloves. He stood with Mr. Fantastic near the tree line behind the shelter. He whispered, “Is Tony better or worse?”

            Mr. Fantastic spoke loud toward the food cookers. “Please make sure to cook it longer. I do not like red in my meat.” He turned to Spider-Man. “I asked him several questions about the last few days and he remembers our conversations to him about the game and what we plan on doing. He does not recall any of his interactions with the women. And it appears,” he looked at Iron man, “he’s having a hard time remembering their names. Squirrel Girl did a number on him. I do not know if we are going to be able to hide this for much longer.”

            Spider-Man shook his head. “If he’s going to be a hot tin head, we’re going to have a hard time keeping him from being nixed.”

            Mr. Fantastic ushered Spider-Man forward. “Be next to him. Keep him witty. That’ll make him loveable to them for a while longer.”

            Spider-Man touched his chest and scoffed. “I, witty? I got nothing. This makes you less confident in me?”

            Mr. Fantastic nodded.

            Spider-Man shrugged and walked toward Iron Man who still heated up the ice. He leaned in and said, “Feeling okay Tinman?”

            “Hungry.” Iron Man kept his hands out, the ice fell off like ice in a lot of heat. “We doing the same thing as last time?” His eyebrows furrowed. “Red over there, going to magic it up?” His hands dropped. He shook them and massaged his right wrist with his left hand. “I’m done.”

            Spider-Man winked at Scarlet Witch and pointed at her. “You got this?”

            She gave a thumbs up and turned to Psylocke and continued her conversation.

            Spider-Man pulled Iron Man toward the ocean. “I hear,” he spoke louder than necessary. Everyone back at the camp heard, “that ocean water, you know salt and all, is really good for sore wrist.” He paused as if he just admitted something. “Man. Anyway, to the ocean with you Tony. Get those…just put your hands in the ocean.”

            Iron Man stumbled toward the water. He removed the gloves with a press of their buttons. They hissed and released his hands. He handed them to Spider-Man. “Hold these.” He squat and put his hands into the water.

            Spider-Man stood near him. “Did Jarvis clear you today?”

            Iron Man shook his hands, water went in different directions and he stood. “For what? Sanity? I am sane. I’m just having memory lapses.”
 
            “Lapses as in not knowing Wanda’s code name or her real name?” Spider-Man gestured toward her back at camp. “You called her red. That’s a fallback on a nickname of hair color that, by the way, isn’t her hair color at all. That’s her costume color, but she’s not even wearing that. Or her headgear. Speaking of that headgear…” He scratched his forehead. “What does that even do? It’s pointy and awkward. What did it do? Help her look like the Avenger Marvel Girl from the young X-Men?” His hands outlined Jean Grey’s yellow mask around his face. “Right? I’m right. Who couldn’t tell she was Marvel Girl? How many redheads can lift things with their minds?”

            Iron Man reached and put his hand over Peter’s mouth. “Silent Prattling Parker.”

            “Sorry. I get really stupid…” again he made a face as if what he said was worse than what he meant. “…anyway. I just am excited that we might make it far and don’t want to lose you if they find out you’re losing your mind.”

            “Memory lapses is not crazy. Reed must have told you that much.” Iron Man took back his gloves. “Maybe if I eat a little more I’ll feel better.”

            “Sure. Sure. Right.”

MR. FANTASTIC (Gold shirt and blue shorts. His beard showed with flecks of gray.) I hate not being able to shave. To look as if I am some sort of homeless person that I wouldn’t notice while I walked down the street toward the subway, is not something I enjoy. (He sat on a rock surrounded by trees. Roars of dinos echoed.) They do that all day long. I don’t know if there are that many roaming about or if they just have sounds of them emanating from all over. We haven’t seen too many. Not many come up to the shielding and cause a problem for us. I have been thinking about Tony and his memory issues. It’s only with the women of the tribe. I have not come to a viable conclusion or even a few conclusions. It’s complicated. I don’t know what Squirrel Girl did or what “Mojo” did. (He did do air quotes when he said Mojo.) Peter and I are trying to keep Tony’s memory lapses under wraps. We don’t want the others getting any bright ideas.

            Back at camp Kitty Pryde laughed. “Bobby, you’re so cool as ice.

            Iceman snickered. “And you, Kitty, are perfect.” He pawed at her.

            “Hey!” She pointed at one of the trees. “Can you lift me?”

            Iceman extended his hand and formed ice under her feet. The pillar of cold lifted her toward the tree’s branches. She grabbed a few fruits and slid down the pole like a firefighter. “Look at this.”

            “Apples and oranges.” Iceman took an apple and took a bite. He moaned under the taste. “That tingled my icicles.”

            Kitty Pryde stanched the apple back.

            “Whoa, lady. Give back my free tingle giver.” His hand went for the apple, but he couldn’t gain hold.

            Kitty phased. “No, no, no. Keep your tingling ‘cicles to yourself.”

            He threw up his hands. “I am. I haven’t shown them to you.”

            “Dude, please.” She tossed the apple back. She peeled her orange and took a bite. She purred her enjoyment. “Wow. Who knew they could create such great fruit.”

            Iceman looked at the others in the camp. “Anyone care for some fruit?”

            A resounding hell yes was what he got. Mr. Fantastic used his stretching to their benefit. He gathered enough fruit for everyone to have a few with their dino meat.

            Scarlet Witch lowered the dino meat on web net made by Spider-Man. Keeping it from sitting in the sand or touching anything from nature that would ruin the taste.

            Psylocke licked her fingers after eating her dino meat. She took an apple and bit it. “You are right, Bobby. This is amazingly good.”

            “I know my fruits.” Iceman recoiled from his comment.

            “I’ll let Wiccan know.” Kitty threw her hands over her mouth. “I don’t know where that came from.”

            “Phobic we have a problem.” Iceman poked her side. She jumped and swatted his hand.

            Psylocke pushed her purple hair off her neck. “Still hot.” She stood, stretching. “I’m going to dip myself in the ocean.”

            “I can ice you down.” Iceman snapped his fingers.

            She shook her head. “Keep your ice to yourself. I’ll be fine with a swim.”

            Scarlet Witch said, “I’ll join you. We shouldn’t go into the ocean alone. Who knows what lurks in there.”

            No one else wanted to join.

            They walked toward the ocean side by side. Psylocke said, “Cyclops.”

            Scarlet Witch nodded. She lifted her long hair up off her neck. She manipulated a piece of grass to float toward her and wrap around her hair, making a ponytail. “I understand that.”

            “You agree?” Psylocke lowered herself into the water, dunk her head back and lifted her it back up. “Did you answer?”

            Scarlet Witch let out the air she held. “It is a warm island they made.” She splashed water on her arms. “I think if we keep him, we have someone that will always be a target. Someone others will want to get rid of. Plus he is very good at knowing who can do what during challenges.”

            “Rogue and I are in agreement on this.” Psylocke lowered herself in the water with her head bobbing above, allowing her to hear. “We should probably make sure the ladies stick together.”

            “Why?”

            “Fun.” Psylocke grinned.

            Cyclops shouted for everyone to gather around. Treemail.

ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

            Deadpool slouched in his chair. “He doesn’t ever go into a corner and charge himself up?” He covered his mouth and giggled. “Snicker. I don’t giggle. Ooh, I do want a Snickers. I might turn into Wolverine if I eat one. Less of a diva and all.”

            Vision watched the screen ignoring Deadpool.

            “He’s decided to do that since I’ve decided to talk to “My Voices” as the mechanical shrink said.” He used his gun to pretend to shoot himself in the head. Except he made sure there were no bullets in it so he could make the click noise. “I need my own room.”

            Just ask.

            “Ask what?”

            For your own room.

            “Control freak. I’m not going to beg for one. Who do I look like, Spider-Man? What a…never mind. You are wondering what I thought about Slippy Pete?”

            Sure.

            “I’m sure that that’s a euphemism. Squirrel Girl is nasty.”

            That’s it?

            “And Cyclops has Scarelet Witch under him.”

            His thumb?

            “No, just under him. I’m sure she’ll be pregnant by the end of this show. His Summer gene pool is half of the Marvel Universe and she likes make universes. They’re a match made in…Mojoverse.”

            And Iron Man?

            “He’s tinless. He needs to amp up his misogynistic comments or else he’s just a man in a suit and we all know that I’m the only man in the suit that’s a lady’s man. I know how to make a lady scream. Shoot her in the foot.” He tapped the tip of the gun on his chin. “Actually that’ll make anyone scream.”


TIPPY-TOE – ORANGE

            The morning after the challenge win people still congratulated Wiccan.

            “Son, that was a fantastic job you did yesterday.” Captain America put his hand on Wiccan’s shoulder. “If you continue to do that well, you will go far.”

            Nightcrawler nodded in agreement. “Ja, well done.” He shot a thumbs up, which looked a bit odd with only three fingers.

            “Yeah, kid, and those spices make the meat that much better. I’m itchin’ for a hunt.” Wolverine sniffed the air. “Good thing that shield doesn’t block scent.”

            Jean Grey winked. She stretched and yawned. Rubbing her eyes she looked at Storm. “You want to walk to get water or make it rain?”

            Storm rubbed the back of her neck. “I cannot wait to have an actual bed that will support my neck better than tree bark.” She closed her eyes and whispered a few words. She opened them. “I will save my energy. I will join you filling up the water bottles.”

            Jean Grey lifted all the water bottles in a telekinetic bubble. “Ready.”

            Wiccan cleared his throat.

            Jean gave him her attention. “Yes?” The water bottles floated near her head.

            Wiccan stared at them. Even with his powers other’s still fascinated him. He smiled. “Thank you, again, for all your help yesterday. Good reminders. I tend to think I can’t before I think I can.”

            Jean returned the smile. “I was like that. Having the ability to read minds and lift things with it was a bit overwhelming.” She pointed to the floating water bottles. “I mean it’s a lot of power to be responsible for. There were many situations where I had to concentrate to save the entire team from death and I would think that it wasn’t possible. I couldn’t do it.” The bottles separated into three different groups of three and began to turn in circles. Two clockwise and one counterclockwise. “But I could. The Professor and Scott encouraged me to push myself further and further. Tired is the mind, but the body can go more. It can get to the finish line. Can save the world.”

            Wiccan was about to tell Jean Grey something.

            “Hey, Red? Plan t’get water now or do I need to snatch those bottles outta your grasp and go get my own?” Thing jumped for a water bottle.

            “Ben, calm down.” Invisible Woman moved in between him and Jean.

            “I’m thirsty, Suzie. I’m a big rock. I need alota of water.” He stretched as far as he could, but couldn’t reach any of the bottles.

            “Thing, I got it. I’m going.” Jean Grey rolled her eyes. Her and Storm went into the trees and took the path toward the watering hole.

            “What’s got into you?” Invisible Woman guided Thing away from Wiccan. She mouthed, Sorry.

            Wiccan just nodded. He looked over at Nightcrawler and gestured toward Thing with his head. Nightcrawler wiggled his hand in a so-so manner.

            “Don’t let Thing ruffle your young skin.” Wolverine said, making Wiccan jump. He crept up from behind.

            “No wonder you can hunt.” Wiccan breathed.

            Wolverine grinned. “Yeah. Thing is just a little rough around the edges.”

            “Logan, did you save that until now, ja?” Nightcrawler groaned.

            “Elf, I don’t have too many witticisms to share. I gotta recycle and use the cheesy ones. It’s what keeps me from being seen as a gruff, rough Canadian.”

            “Ja, no one knows how soft and mushy you are on the inside. Like a Mid-western American.” Nightcrawler poked Wolverine in the stomach.

            “Don’t touch. I don’t do touching.” Wolverine walked off.

            “Come on, Logan. I need your help to make sure the shelter is still up to code.” Captain America waved Wolverine over.

WOLVERINE (Shirtless and in blue shorts. He had an orange buff tied around his head. He sat in the sand with his legs crossed and hands up in a meditative state. He dropped them and looked at the camera.) I’m glad I don’t shave. Seeing all these shaved chest makes me feel for the state of masculinity. (He petted his chest.) It’s like having my own pet at times. (He paused.) I don’t normally say things like that. The hunger is hard, but my healing staves it for the moment. We have dino meat from time to time and that’s because I hunt. What other sisssy on this tribe is going to hunt? The Cap? Ha. Unless there are Nazis on this here island, I don’t think he’ll be huntin’. I’m on a tribe of girls and men who just look the part. Beast should run and hunt. Does he? No. Just me. I go. I hunt. I slice. I dice. Thing helped a bit, but he’s just a shield, not much of a weapon. I crave more meat. They found fruit, but what good is that to an animal like me? A carnivore that needs more and more. I think I might hunt. (He revealed all six of his metallic claws.) Right now. (He bounded to the trees and disappeared.)

            Nightcrawler lowered his voice. “No to Wolverine and Thing. Invisible Woman?”

            Wiccan shook his head. “I think she’s too connected to Thing. I’m thinking Jean Grey. I have a spot in that heart of hers.”

            “So does the blue guy.” Nightcrawler did a little jig. “Ja, ja I think she’s a good choice. We do need one more for a majority.”

            “Beast, Storm or Captain America?” Wiccan looked at the trees that bordered their camp. He squinted.

            “Was?” Nightcrawler looked behind him and pointed. “Oh.” He teleported to one of the trees, plucked a bit and teleported back. “Fruit.”

            “May I?”

            Nightcrawler nodded.

            Wiccan picked a green apple and took a bite. “That taste.” He savored the bite.

WICCAN (Shirtless and in orange board shorts. His hair combed back with his fingers. He levitated above the sand.) I like to practice to make sure I can do it and maintain some form of concentration. We have narrowed our search for the next member of our alliance that has no name. I meant to ask Kurt that. So much is on my mind. After eating that fruit I feel like I can run a thousand miles and still a thousand more. (He stood just so he could do several jumping jacks.) See? (He breathed hard.) Not even tired. Not even a little bit. Back to the solid plan of two. (He wagged his finger at the camera.) That’s it. We’ll be called Solid Plan. I like that. Remember, remember my little mental ember. Remember, remember my little mental ember. (He held his hands up around his head and dropped them after he finished chanting.) We got this. Nightcrawler and I have the game in the bag. (He bit his bottom lip.) At this point.

            At the watering hole.

            “Sorry, I forgot that we had to go outside the shield to get water.” Jean Grey lowered the water bottles.

            “It is okay, Jean. It will keep us on our toes.” Storm closed her eyes. “I hear no dinosaurs.”

            “I feel them, but they are nowhere near us.” Jean Grey telekinetically lowered the bucket. “We should discuss our position.”

            “Yes. I will keep watch and you fill the water bottles as quickly as possible.” Storm raised her arms about to call the wind to lift her.

            Jean Grey laughed. “No, your majesty, our position in this game.”

            Storm shook her head. “Do not call me majesty. It is a title of a position many moons ago. It’s something that is too lofty. Grounded like lightning I need often.”

            Jean filled up a few bottles and lowered the bucket, again. “Ororo. You need to eat?”

            Storm held her stomach. “I had large bit of dino. I couldn’t eat any more right now.”

            Jean nodded. “Very well, but we haven’t discussed anything.”

            A pterodactyl swooped in squawking. His pointed nose aimed right for Jean. Storm’s arm jerked up and wind pushed from the ground toward the ancient flyer. The pterodactyl spun out of control taking out several branches. It complained, shook its head and flew off.

            “Yes, the game.” She waved her hand in her face. “Hot. I can fix that.” She lifted her hands in the air and clouds covered the sun along with a slight breeze. “Better.” She placed her hands on her hips. “My observation of how people are paired off is that Wolverine, Invisible Woman and Thing are together. Wiccan and Nightcrawler, but maybe not. They are not often together, but their conversations become hushed. Beast is by himself and Captain America is more interested in a well-oiled machine of the tribe than being in alliance. That leaves us.” She paused. “Logan has not asked you to align?”

            Jean Grey shook her head and gestured toward Storm and then herself. “We make a good alliance. Two is a great start. We’ll have to figure who we can trust. I like that Wiccan kid.”

            Storm agreed. “Invisible Woman and Thing cannot be allowed to stick together for much longer.”

            “Agreed.”

            “Ready?”

            Jean Grey filled the final bottle and lifted them all. “Ready.”

            Back at camp.

            Beast gathered the fruit into a pile. He took a banana and peeled it. After taking a bite he said, with a mouth full of banana, “Good. I just need ice cream.”

            “I haven’t had a banana split in weeks.” Wiccan dropped his shoulders. “Craving is strong within me.”

            Beast tossed the peel. “Maybe we can convince Squirrel Girl to let ice cream grow on trees.”

            “Really?” Wiccan’s eyes widen.

            Beast laughed. “No.”

            Storm and Jean Grey came back with the bottles. Jean placed the bottles near the fire pit.

            “Thank you,” Beast and Wiccan said together.

            Beast looked at Strom and said, “Did you and Jean have a safe water adventure?”

            Storm took a step back from Beast and nodded. She grabbed a water bottle and took a sip.

BEAST (He wore orange cyclist shorts. His blue fur contrasted with the orange. He hung upside down from a tree branch.): Nightcrawler and I are blue and that alone should have us want to align. Neither of us contacted the other in any way other than our friendly manner in which we have thus far. I’m left with someone who shares a similarity, strength. But Thing is agitated for some reason twenty-four seven and I don’t see him lasting long. Or Invisible Woman, because they are connected like family. They would be the smart choice to get rid of if we were to go to tribal. I will be a free agent. Anyone who comes to me with a good plan, I’ll go with it. I’ll be a boat without a sail, for now. I don’t think that dino meat is agreeing with my stomach. Glad Nightcrawler and Wiccan spotted the fruit. I took a bite of that and felt rejuvenated. Never ate a banana that tasted quite as good as that. But I have read a book by a Banana that was as good, if not better, than that taste. Banana Yoshimoto’s Kitchen. “People aren't overcome by situations or outside forces. Defeat comes from within.”

            Wiccan held a sheet of paper like he read a medieval proclamation. “The Treemail says: Breakout. Bounce off this, bounce off that. Faster between. No time for lack. Reflexes keen. Do not miss a point. Reach five and win. And one’s time here will end.” He let go of the paper and it rolled up as it fell. He caught it before it touched the ground. “I don’t think I’ll need to do any chanting this go around.”

            “Which of us have outstanding reflexes?” Captain America looked around. “I do.”

            Thing shook his head. “Don’t be lookin’ my way Cap. I got reflexes of a rock.” 

ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

            “He’s over there. I’m over here. Life couldn’t be better.” Deadpool’s mask stared into a camera. “Yes it could. Give me my own room.”

            Ask and ye shall receive.

            He dropped both his hands toward the ground and looked like some sort of ape in defeat. “Offensive comment.” At this point nothing could offend you and your defeated attitude. He lifted his hand to gesture and match his verbal point, but dropped it once again. Through what sounded like gritted teeth he said, “May I have my own room?” He waited a moment and finished, “Please?”

            No Universe Remote.

            Deadpool pulled out his sword and swung it in the air. “If you were here that would have been you and your guts would fling out like I just hit you with a sword with precise precision.” His arms dropped once more. Defeat too much for him to hold up. “I have to ask the nut? Notice the c is silent.”

            No. Didn’t notice.

            “Because you censored me!”

            Yes and yes to having to asking Squirrel Girl.

            He folded his arms. “No.”

            I’m not arguing.

            “That’s no fun.” He placed the sword back in its sheath. “Tippy Toe, then?”

            Go ahead.

            “It sounds like some sort of sexually transmitted disease. Anyway, they are in a state of bizarre defeat.”

            They won the last Immunity Challenge.

            “Oh, right. Sounds too much like Monkey Joe.” He took a seat and put his masked face in his hands. “I got nothing.”

            No comment from the peanut gallery?

            “No comment from…Deadpool is awesome and Squirrel Girl sucks gallery.”

            That’s no way to ask for a room.

            “I rather ask her for her death via my bullet through her skull than ask her for a room.”

            Suit yourself.


            “I already have.” He stood and turned around showing off what he wore.

No comments:

Post a Comment