Thursday, June 13, 2013

MSI: Episode 2 part 1 - The Tribes

MONKEY JOE – RED

BLACK WIDOW (wore red and black bikini. Her long red hair tumbling around her shoulders. She pursed her lips as if toying with the camera. She sat in the sand) Ey, like a vacation this area. (She leaned back on her hands.) Krasivyy. Or as one would understand, beautiful. Well done Gospodin Mojo. Ah, the vote? Da. Deadpool needed to be dropped. A kretin. Good with a gun, but not with my personality. He didn’t mix well. Useful if he played well. He didn’t, so he wasn’t. (She rolled her neck.) Who’s next? If we lose we will see. Right now I’m going to enjoy this and to the game lyuboy. (She looked up and squinted her eyes in the early morning sun.) Whatever. If Vision continues to command as if Captain America, he will move up on my list. Robot or not, I do not care to be around a stick in the mud, as you say?

            “Who allowed the fire to burn?” Vision stepped off the mat and pointed at the small embers in the fire pit. No one else could see it. Probably because no one had the same tech for eyes.

            Gambit squinted, shrugged and dragged himself to the shelter. “Snooze time.” He’d normally fall into bed, but the uncomfortable of the set up would hurt and most likely he might break something, namely anything that would make him attractive. He lowered himself on the frame of the bed area of the shelter, curled up and closed his eyes. He was sure this would be pointless, but he wanted to try.

            Jamie Madrox turned to the right and the left. “Where? What?” He calmed down, walked to the fire, kneeled and peered in. “Barely.”

            Emma Frost touched the side of Jamie’s head. His eyes widen and whispered, “Bully.” Pictures of her vantage point played in his head. Each time they teleported in, Deadpool punched him, making dups appear. It was never the teleporting.

            “Enough to ignite the entire forest.”  Vision raised his hands gesturing the dark surroundings.

            “Sure.” Jamie poked at the fire. “Hungry.” He drank some water out of his bottle. “Empty.” He dropped his shoulder. “I’ll go and get refills. Anyone wanna join?” Everyone looked dead tired. “Fine.” He punched his fist into his palm and created four dups. “Let’s go get some water.”

            Dup 1 gathered as many bottles as he could carry, four. “Ready.”

            Dup 2 folded his arms. “I rather use the restroom. Did you give me all the pee? Ugh.”

            Jamie dismissed him.

            Dup 3 jumped up and down. “I wanna swim. Who wants to race me?” He pulled off his shirt and moved his arms in circles.

            “I do not swim,” Thor said.

            Dup 3 got in Thor’s face. “Chicken.” He flapped his arms.

            “Thy will remove your face from mine or I will do so with godly force.” Thor reached for his hammer.

            Jamie shook his head. “Don’t antagonize the god.”
           
            “Who’s got balls? Cause gods don’t got nothin’!” Dup 3 laughed.

            Dup 4 gathered the rest of the bottles. “Are we going yet? I have better things to do than sit around and wait for you to actually do what you said we were going to do. Move it.”

            “Half is better than none.” Jamie grabbed the last two bottles and led the way into the trees toward the watering hole. Dup 2 joined after he peed. Dup 4 followed. Dup 3 stayed behind.

            Emma Frost, Black Widow and Domino sat on the side of the shelter away from Gambit who snored. They looked a bit haggard. Their hair was everywhere and they didn’t seem to care. Domino yawned and turned toward the other two. She helped fix their hair, starting with Emma Frost. She pulled back the Emma’s blond hair and tied a bit of grass around it creating a ponytail.

            Domino turned to do the same with Black Widow. Emma said, “Thanks.”

            Black Widow nodded.

            Domino’s short shoulder length hair was fine as was.

            Human Torch dropped a ball of fire into the pile of dry wood that Vision brought back. Human Torch grumbled and sat on the side of the bed that Gambit snoozed.

            Thor dropped his hammer and it vibrated the entire ground. “I need rest. Good for tomorrow we hunt.” He lowered himself onto the bed, yawned making a massive amount of noise, put his arms under his head and nodded off.

            “He takes up so much space.” Dup 3 pointed at Thor. “It’s a bit chill.” He put his shirt back on.

            The night turned frosty. Forty degrees colder than the hundred degree day time. Human Torch knew he’d be the one that the ladies would crowd around.

HUMAN TORCH (He wore red shorts and no shirt. The night sky as a backdrop he stood near the tribe’s flag.): Of course my ego’s bruised. These people know me way better than they know that Deadpool character. How could anyone vote for me? One off. All it took was one person to have flipped and voted me and that would be me sitting in that entertainment room all alone with no one to entertain. (He ran his hand through his blonde hair.) I might be a bit emotional because I need to eat. We’re not built to survive on less food. We’re physically fit. (He flexed and showed off for the camera. He smirked.) Based on the numbers, I’m in the good graces of the popular. The ladies will keep me. I’m toasty. (His body glowed red.)

            Dup 3 pulled Human Torch away from camp.

            “I told you I don’t do swimming.” Human Torch pulled away from Dup 3.

            “No, no. I have a secret for you.” Dup 3 brought Human Torch in close as if he was about to tell a secret. Oh, he was. “Jamie voted for you.”

JAMIE MADROX (Sun up and burning bright, he sat near the ocean with the waves trying to get him. No shirt and in shorts. The M tattoo over his right eye was more vibrant.): One time an Evil Dup was smart enough to be independent and stuff. And that sucked. Sucked the control right out from underneath me. He could come back. I could trip and he could tumble right on out. I’m aware that it’s possible that any dup could do as they want. Some even hide their memories from me when I absorb them. (He lifted a piece of meat and took a bite.) At least we got food. Thanks to Thor.

            “Time to eat!” Thor’s voice boomed like his hammer hitting the ground.

            Everyone else was asleep. Gambit still snored. Thor had woke up earlier to hunt. No one else bothered. Vision folded his arms and smirked at Thor’s catch.

            Human Torch yawned, stretched and sat up. “What is with the unnecessary alarm from the god of ruining mornings?” He rubbed his eyes and widened them upon seeing what Thor had caught. “When Squirrel Girl mentioned that she didn’t say what kind of animals we’d get, this isn’t what I had in mind.” He shook Jamie awake.

            Five dups pushed for room. Gambit fell off one side and Domino fell on top of him. Both jumped up as if they were caught by their parents doing something they shouldn’t have. Human Torch hit the sand with Emma straddling him.

            “Good morning, Mrs. Frost.” Human Torch’s eyebrows danced.

            Emma wiggled in his lap and stood. “I need more than a match.”

            He laughed. “Burn.”

            Jaime absorbed the dups. He stared at Thor’s catch.

            Emma Frost turned around. “What in the hell?”

            “Breakfast. Which of ye will be the chief?” Thor put his leg up on the animal’s massive arm.

            “Mon ami a dinosaur.” Gambit helped Domino stand.

            “Where does one even start with that?” Human Torch stared at the massive Tyrannosaurus Rex. “She wasn’t kidding.”

            Jamie shook his head. “You start with one bite at a time.”

            “It is not in our fortune that we do not have a cold box to keep him in to make sure he does not rot.” Thor kicked the Rex.

            “That’s a problem. A stinky problem. One I don’t want to have to smell.” Jamie Madrox scrunched up his nose thinking about it.

            Black Widow pointed. “Domino, start slicing.” She tossed her a machete. “Gambit, place the pieces in the pot. And you,” she looked at Human Torch, “heat it up.”

            “Someone’s on a bossy streak.” Jamie held his stomach. He wanted to eat it raw.

            “Time to eat. Things need to be done.” Black Widow dragged Jamie away from the busy little bees. She made sure no one else followed.

            Jaime swatted her hands. “Hey, hey, careful. I might make an army.”

            “Human Torch is looking to vote you off.”

            Jamie stopped moving his arms. “Why?”

            “I’m warning you. Be careful.”

ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

            A white room with one chair and one TV had a single occupant folding his arms grumbling. Deadpool in full fledge costume sat in the only chair staring at the only TV talking to the only person in the room, himself.

            “This sucks.”

            He pressed a button on the remote. The channel didn’t change. It showed his formal Tribe Monkey Joe eating dino meat. The eating wasn’t the problem. He was getting three square meals…

            “Sometimes circles.”

            …a day. And he still does that.

            “Never stops.”

            Charming.

            “You know, I should be narrator. Or I could backseat narrate. Anyway you edited me.”

            How so?

            “I told the White Queen—”

            Emma Frost.

            “She’s white and very queeny. It fits.” He pressed a button on the remote. Nothing happened. He sighed. “I told her that the Human Torch was our forever flamer. She could gut his mind and we’d never have to rub our sticks together. Or when I told Gambit my stick was bigger, better and hurt more people. Or when I told Vision that no woman would want a cold piece of metal inside of them. Then he corrected me saying he had a beam. And I said touché. Which is something people should have seen, heard or whatever. I don’t touché often. It’s a wonderful moment. You missed it. I’m the best thing that’s ever happened to this show and now what? I’m off because a bunch of amateurs hate? Please. Put me back in coach. Put me back in!”

A compromise.

            He lowered the remote and sat up.

            After each section you get to make a comment on how it’s going.

            “Deal.”

            Later.

            “Hey! What about my commentary?”

            You’ve wasted enough time as is. The story must go on.

            He slouched in the chair, lifted the remote and hit the button and remained shocked that the channel didn’t change. He pressed it again. And it did.

TIPPY-TOE – ORANGE

            Beast rolled over and his fur got in Wiccan’s mouth. Wiccan coughed and shoved Beast, but he didn’t budge. Wiccan groaned and lifted his head out from the sweaty side of Beast.

            “I can breathe.” He counted everyone in the shelter. Two were missing.

            Wolverine and Thing.

            Wiccan yawned, stretched and rolled his neck. He looked out at the ocean, the waves beckoned him. An early morning swim wouldn’t hurt, though he was hungry. Very hungry. So hungry he could eat a—

            “Dinosaurs?” Jean Grey grumbled. She sat up and slid off the bed, trying not to touch or bump anyone else. She held her head. “It sounds like the Savage Land.”

            Wiccan squinted his eyes, concentrating on hearing. “Is that here,” he pointed at his ear, “or here?” He pointed at his head.

            Jean Grey scratched the back of her head. “Here—”

            A low roar rumbled the air and the ground.

            “Both.”  Jean’s eyes widen. “You’re that hungry?”

            Wiccan grabbed his stomach. “Yes, but that wasn’t me.”

            Jean smirked. “I know.” She pointed into the trees. “It was them.”

            Thing bust through the brush. “It’s eatin’ time.” He dragged something behind him. A huge stegosaurus with Wolverine riding holding one of the plates, showing off his bloody claws.

            Wiccan wiped his mouth. He never had a dino burger like that late night cartoon Flintstones. First time for everything.

            “Oh, my goddess.” Storm slid off the bed and stood.  

            Beast grumbled, “What’s with the high octaves?” He pulled his forearms to cover his ears.

CAPTAIN AMERICA (In orange shorts, no shirt and sat on a stump surrounded by trees.): Squirrel Girl did state that we’d get animals, but not the kind we’d expect. (He shook his head, his blonde hair riddled with salt water didn’t budge from its bedhead form.) I’m not old enough to know dinosaurs. Even though some jokingly suggest I knew President Lincoln. (He grinned.) The dino burgers did taste fine. I’m well fed. (He patted his muscular stomach.) An alliance? We haven’t lost and I hadn’t thought about that. It’s unlike me to make plans so late in the game. Figuring who can be trusted is a bit difficult when it’s people I’ve worked with before.
             
            Invisible Woman, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm and Thing clean up the dino’s remains. The meat that was left over was saved for dinner, but the rest had to be placed in a certain area where it would sit until removed by the trash collector. Either it would be teleported out or another dinosaur would come by and eat the rest. They dragged it as far as they could from the camp. The camp was now protected by bio-shielding to keep the dinos at bay, but allow the heroes in and out access.

            Captain America and Beast looked over the shelter because the storm the night before caused minor damage. Storm had tried to calm it, but despite her abilities on Earth, here in this realm she didn’t have much control. Though it seemed the storm did calm a bit.

STORM (Her sliver hair danced in her wind. She took a deep breath and let it out. Dressed in a one piece orange swim suit with a sliver bolt in the middle. She laughed when she looked down at it.) Silly. Black Panther had given it to me. I never wore it. (She turned around showing it off.) You can see why. I guess it amused Squirrel Girl to have me wear it. (She shrugged.) I cannot argue with that. It is amusing, to say the least. (Her fingers crackled with electricity.) I understand the weather here is generated by machines. I understand that’s not the same, but I was told it would be accommodating to my abilities and during the immunity challenge I was able to call upon the wind to help us, but the storm last night didn’t obey my commands. Maybe I need to ask for permission to control the weather in this realm. Meditate and request. What could it hurt?

            Nightcrawler tapped Wiccan on the shoulder. Wiccan turned around. Nightcrawler opened his three fingered hand and nodded toward it. Sighing, Wiccan touched Nightcrawler’s hand and POOF. They appeared in the middle of a group of trees.
           
            Wiccan covered his mouth. “Has anyone ever…” He dry heaved.

            Nightcralwer shook his head. “Are you good?”

            Wiccan waved his hand. “I’ll be fine. I don’t know what it is. Maybe the dino burger didn’t agree with me.” It wasn’t really a burger since they didn’t have any bread.

            Nightcrawler’s tail appeared from behind his back carrying something.

            Wiccan reached out. “What’s that?”

            His tail jerked and the object unraveled. The string dangled an X shaped object. “Hidden Immunity.” (HI)

            Wiccan smiled. “Wow. So like you can’t be voted out?”

            Nightcrawler released it and caught the idol in his hand. “Not exactly. I play it and any votes for me go auf wiedersehen.” He waved.

            “Neat.” Wiccan wiped his forehead of sweat. “It’s hot. I need a swim.”

            “I’ll take you back, sure. I wanted to ask—”

            “If we’d align?” Wiccan nodded. “I don’t have anyone. And I think you’re the best choice. We’re different than the rest of them.”

            “You’re not aligned with anyone else?”

            Wiccan shook his head. “Are you?”

            Nightcrawler rewrapped the HI. “I am not good at this deceiving. You and I and who else?”

            “I have an idea. We feel it out. We talk to everyone and come back…” He laughed. “…or teleport, more to your liking, and discuss who fits our moral code? I’m assuming?” He scratched the back of his head. “It’s difficult for me to be away from everyone I love and be placed in such an A crowd. Not just Avengers, but X-Men. I don’t belong here. I’ll be surprised if I make it past the first tribal council.”

            Nightcrawler put his hand on Wiccan’s shoulder. “Trust me, if anyone will be voted out it’ll be someone blue who prays.”

WICCAN (in orange board shorts, no shirt, black hair slicked back by water. The ocean danced around his shoulders. Water moved back and forth, sometimes getting into his mouth. He’d spit out before he talked.): I’m feeling more comfortable. You’d think I’d be able to hold my hands near my head, whisper a choice phrase and calm myself. Too bad it doesn’t work that way. I could do that for someone else. How…sucky. (He held up his index finger and grinned and then spit the ocean water out of his mouth, coughed. Cleared his throat and continued.) I have been practicing. This immunity challenge I’ll be ready to work under pressure. (His shoulders dropped below the water.) Hopefully. (He slid under the water and popped back up.) I’m feeling good about the Nightcrawler alliance. Two is a starting point.

NIGHTCRAWLER (in orange shorts, no shirt, black hair everywhere, but didn’t stick out as much as his elf-like ears.): What are we fighting for? The safety of babies and the world, but was is it for the vinner? Fräulein Squirrel Girl hasn’t given us a goal. And how is the world surviving without 27 heroes? Well, Deadpool a hero? Stretch. 26. So many questions, no answers and yet I…(he closed his eyes and held the side of his head.)…I am fine. Ah, ja about the alliance. Two is a start, but we’ll need more. Only three can make it to the end, right?

            Storm waved a sheet of paper in the air. “We have Treemail.”

            “We can sit, it’s fine?” Wiccan asked.

            Captain America said, “Yes. Structurally sound.”

            Everyone but Thing sat in the shelter. Thing sat in the sand. He couldn’t feel the heat any way.

ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

“You came for commentary about that mess of a section?” Deadpool cackled. “Apt.” He lowered the volume on the TV and scratched the side of his head with one of his guns. “So far this room hasn’t lived up to its name. I’m not. Not even a little bit.”

You have nothing to say about Tippy Toe?

“That name sucks. Just like Squirrel Girl.”

A window revealed itself.

Deadpool looked toward it. “That’s new.”

Two squirrels popped up and chirped a bit to each other then turned to look at him with menacing eyes.

            He shivered. “I hate squirrels. They’re so indecisive.” He pantomimed driving a car. “Ever drove down the road and see one scamper out in your way and your heart begs for you to slow down, so you do. You slow down. WAY down. Then the little douchebag gets three-forths of the way and decides he no longer wants to cross the street.” He put his elbow on the invisible door and held up his head with his hand…waiting for the squirrel to decide. “He twitches his nasty tail that needs conditioner times infinity and bounds back toward the other side that’s FURTHER away than where he was headed. Why?” He tossed up his hands. “Because squirrels are indecisive idiots. So I go. Thinking that this is my chance to move past this evolutionarily retarded animal and what does he do? Oh, yes. He decides he needs to zoom out, frazzled tail and all, to retract and retrace the steps he so already accepted as his past. Instead of waiting for me to pass him by, he thinks that fate is with him. Never you mind that twelve dead squirrels litter the side of the road in that exact area every single day. He’s different. He’s going to make it. He doesn’t, because I made a rule to never stop twice for squirrels or unsure pedestrians and one dead squirrel is not only a better world, but a happier Deadpool and we all know that a happy Wade is the best kind of Wade.” He appeared to be grinning. “I am.”

            The squirrels were crying.

            Deadpool dismissed them. “Get over it.

            They left the window and didn’t return.

            “Probably have a street to cross.” He turned back to the TV. “Or not cross. Or cross and then decide that it was best to get massaged by a rubber tire. I wonder how that feels?” He shook his head. “Nah, I don’t. Some me in some version of the many worlds probably does know how that feels.”

            The channel changed.

SLIPPY PETE – GOLD

MR. FANTASTIC (he wore gold shorts and blue shirt. His short hair styled better than most.) I’m not the shirtless kind. All the stretching looks better in clothes, but I can’t stretch without tearing. I’m going to have to gross some people out. Sorry Peter. (He shrugged.) It’s difficult for me to read people, Susan says I lack that. I’m really trying. (His hands gestured by stretching larger.) I’m using the perfect saying of great minds think alike. Maybe Peter and Tony. We haven’t discussed strategy. We should. (His index finger inflated and he tapped his chin.) Probably today.

            “I wish we had Johnny, this would be so much easier.” Scarlet Witch held her hands out, she levitated a slab of meat over the fire.

            Iron Man told her when to rotate the meat. He wore only his helmet and a pair of gold shorts, the heat had gotten to him. “Jarvis, how she cookin’?”

            “Good, sir. A few more minutes and it should be ready to be devoured,” Jarvis said.

            “Thank you.”

IRON MAN (He wore his helmet, gold shorts and sat on the beach facing the ocean.) Nice that we got to eat a dinosaur. I’ve been to the Savage Land and all, but way to savage for me and so much land. A few skyscrapers here and there would, you know, make for a better view. Like Stark Tower. That’s got a view. (He sighed and removed the helmet.) It gets hot and I think that people need to see the face. Who can relate to a face plate? It’s not very personable. (He held it up as if he was Hamlet and it a skull.) It doesn’t smile. I did, one time, make a smiling plate, but no one took me seriously. It was also a bit creepy. I scrapped that idea. (He looked up to the right.) I might have it in storage. I should sign it and sell it on Ebay. Ebay. (He laughed.) Who even says that anymore? Sell it on Ebay? I’m so old fashion. Right, the game. This is a game. Masters of the mind. That’s what I came up with for the alliance I haven’t formed. It’s only a few days in. I was getting the lay of the land. It appears Squirrel Girl gave me a great set of buddies to make it. Peter Parker and Reed Richards. Who could have asked for any better like-minded individuals than them? (He smirked.) They’re nothing like me. A higher caliber of brain, that’s all. Kitty is pretty smart, but she’s a girl and girls mess up guy things. And guys need their own things not to be messed up. Let her diddle with Iceman. I don’t really use that word, diddled. Odd. I talked enough.

            Rogue regaled her tribe about how she and Kitty were able to hoodwink a dino over the tribe’s brunch. They munched on the dino. Burped. Drank a lot of water. Iceman froze the rest of the meat. They hoped it would keep.

            Scarlet Witch walked over to Cyclops. He stood near the flag and was taking in the view. Everyone else was just chatting it up. No one paid much attention to the two who should hate each other.

            “We are at odds.” She joined him staring out at the ocean.

            He nodded.

            “I don’t recall exactly why, though it appears it was very strong.” She touched her chest. “I feel a bit of tension building up in my chest when I approach you.”

            He tapped the side of his head. “Squirrel Girl did state that we’d have memory issues about what happened prior to our abduction.”

            “How far back does that reach? I can remember my father, being a villain fighting you and the X-Men, being an Avenger, saving the world. Knowing who she met with A-Babies and X-Babies. I even remember Wiccan is my son.” She fanned herself. “I might go for a swim in a moment. It’s hot for a fake place.”

            Cyclops readjusted his glasses. “True, it’s hot. Memory is interesting. Squirrel Girl could have kept hidden from us what has made our lives stressful to give us respite in this game. The only people I’m sure knows what’s what is Logan and Wade. Their healing abilities would keep their memories intact. Unless that Universe Remote can override that. I’m sure she did a number on Vision.” He looked back at the camp, no one paid them too much attention. “We must have had a moral disagreement. I can’t recall what about, but I know it was morally based. I’m pretty sure no one expects us to be aligned. Which makes it a good idea.”

            She agreed. “Did you think of anyone else we should gather as part of our group?”

            He smiled. “No. I think it best if we work our angles and only mention things to one another if either of our names come up.”

            Scarlet Witch clapped her hands softly. “Nice. That way we don’t have to have much contact. No wonder you’re a great leader.”

            He shrugged. “Some don’t think so.”

            “I’m pretty sure I’m part of that some. For now, I see it that way.” She patted him on the shoulder. “I hope that shield reaches into the ocean. I might need rescue if I run into a nasty monster.” She twirled her hair in one of her index fingers. “Later.”  She bounced her way toward the ocean.

            Cyclops’ cheeks had a tinge of pink.

CYCLOPS (He wore blue shorts, no shirt and a golden buff wrapped around his forearm.) Maybe it’s red heads. (He smiled.) It’s more red. I can tell. A deeper color when it’s actually red. Flirting has gotten me in trouble before. Psylock could attest to that. I know that I shouldn’t like Wanda, but I find her alluring. If she’s using her magic on me, I’m stronger than she thinks. I can resist. I want to. I think. (He smirked.) Her type is robotic. If she’s falling for me that’s kind of an insult. Game. Head in the game. I’ve fought villains worse than Mojo. This shouldn’t be an issue. I should swim, too. Keep her safe.

            Cyclops joined Scarlet Witch in the ocean.

            Mr. Fantastic gathered Iron Man and Spider-Man together around the shelter under the guise of fixing it up. Making it sturdier and creating Rogue’s space so that it didn’t take up so much of the team’s overall area.

            “Keep your voices low.” Mr. Fantastic gestured with both hands.
           
            Spider-Man had removed his costume, except for his gloves. He wore golden shorts and no shirt. He raised his eyebrows. “Why? I thought we were just fixing the shelter.”

            “We are.”

            “Then why are we playing the quiet game?”

            Mr. Fantastic nodded toward everyone who was nearby, but not close enough to hear whispering.

            “And?” Spider-Man started fixing the wood into sections to add more space to the shelter. “They can’t hear our conversation about how we’re fixing the shelter?” It hit him. “Oooh. You want…” he pointed at Mr. Fantastic, Iron Man and then himself “…to be a voting block of sorts?”

            “An alliance.” Iron Man folded his arms across his chest.

            Mr. Fantastic nodded. He measured the area where Rogue slept that kept her from touching anyone during the night. “Great Minds Think Alike.”

            “Did you just nickname our new alliance?” Spider-Man stood to stretch from working on his side of the shelter.

            Mr. Fantastic nodded.

            “You’re super cool. That’s what the super cool do, create nicknames.”

            “Like Webhead?” Iron Man asked. He still stood with his arms folded.

            Spider-Man agreed. “Or Tin Man.”

            “No one calls me that.”

            Spider-Man pointed toward Kitty Pryde. “She did.”

            As if the memory had slipped his mind. “Right. Yes. She did that two days ago. Right. Yes. I don’t know why I forgot that.”

            Mr. Fantastic stopped working and stretched over toward Tony. He looked around Tony’s head and snapped his fingers watching Tony’s eye movements. “When did this start?”

            Iron Man waved off Mr. Fantastic’s whole presence. “We’re all having memory problems. Squirrel Girl said that we would. It’s no big deal.”

            “We were supposed to forget recent events prior to our arrival, not any of the fun times we’re having now.” Spider-Man walked over to join Mr. Fantastic checking Iron Man. “Do you remember frolicking with Kitty in the sky?”

            “Trying to escape?” Iron Man asked more than stated.

            Mr. Fantastic tilted Iron Man’s head. Iron Man side step. “Tony, something is wrong. Put on your helmet.”

            “Nothing is wrong, I feel fine.” He placed his helmet back on.

The eye sockets lit up and Jarvis said, “Is there a problem?”

“Check his memory,” Mr. Fantastic said.

“Sir?”

“Go ahead, Jarvis,” Iron Man said.

“Right. Checking.”

“There’s nothing wrong. I just had a slip up. A mistake. A milk spill. Don’t cry over it.”
           
            “Tony, it’s serious if you’ve forgotten just two days ago.” Spider-Man glanced to make sure no one was walking near them. “Everyone seems to be preoccupied. Good. We don’t need them seeing our strongest player faltering like this. Like a statue turning to Jello. Is that how you feel? All jiggly inside?” He shook Iron Man. “You need to tone yourself up. All that Iron Man wearing must have made you go soft.”

            “Complete,” Jarvis said.

            “Analysis?” Mr. Fantastic reformed his body and stood next to Iron Man.

            “It appears Tony has an adverse reaction to whatever Squirrel Girl did. He hasn’t forgotten all events of the past few days, but he has forgotten a few key areas.”

            Iron Man’s shoulders dropped. “Can you fix it?”

            “I’m a computer, not a doctor. I’m only here because they allowed me to exist. Really it’s too far for me to even have communication.”

            “Does that mean that they’d have to have Jarvis on this site somewhere?” Spider-Man asked. “A hub?”

            “One thing at a time, Peter.” Mr. Fantastic moved in closer. “What kind of memories is he losing?”

            “Anything to do with women.”

            Spider-man snickered. “Sorry.” He laughed a little more. “I’m very sorry. Excuse me.” His suppressed laughter continued. He tried to work on his side of the shelter despite the giggle fit.

            “Really?” Iron Man said.

            “Sir, I am not joking at your expense. Your memory is having trouble maintaining anything to do with women.”

            “Why?” Mr. Fantastic put his hand on his chin. “It’s like a therapy session with Squirrel Girl. She’s done more than just remove us from our home and work and placed us in this game. She’s orchestrated an event that’s supposed to help us. Wouldn’t it be interesting if there was no threat? That there is no Mojo and this entire fiasco was created for her own amusement?”

            “Be careful, Mr. Fantastic,” Jarvis said. “If what you suggest is true, then your memories are no safer than Tony’s.”

            The cameras floated all around them, catching every little thing they said.

            Mr. Fantastic looked into one of the cameras and said, “Or not. Theories are not always correct or right in the realm of the realities they are created in. Some have flaws and of course mine are susceptible to flaws like anyone else’s.” Though it was easy to tell he wasn’t telling a truth he truly stood behind.

            “Finished.” Spider-Man stood. “Extended. Sound like a late night infomercial.” His nose scrunched up. “So never seen one of those or went to the website or ordered anything.”

            “What are you talking about?” Mr. Fantastic asked.

            “Of course that wouldn’t be your issue.” Spider-Man said under his breath.

            “Dearies, we have treemail.” Psylocke walked into camp with a sheet of paper.

            Everyone gathered around the fire. Rogue took the sheet of paper and read it. “Strike high, strike low and then we will know who’ll go to tribal and have no more show. With your powers combined your fate will align and the bell will, for the winner, chime.”

            “Ah used’ta go to da fair where they had the strong man.” Rogue mimicked the game by pretending to lift a hammer. “Lift a top heavy hammer and let it fall on the little area and boom the little wooden cylinder thingy would zoom on up there and ding that bell. Made men feel like they were men cause they made a bell ding a ding-ding.” She flexed her biceps. “Men from all over the county would come to show their stuff.” She puffed out her chest with her hands on her hips. “Ah won one year. Though they found the reason why in one of the porta-potties passed out. He was the one that pulled the tractor a record mile without stoppin’. They had no idea it was little ol’ me. They just thought he had too much to drink. Even though he never drank a drip in his life.” She snickered. “What y’all think?”

            “Who are we to argue with that reason why I never visit the South kind of logic?” Iron Man asked.

ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

            “Iron Man is forgetting when he spoke to women? Will this make him gay? Find out next time on I don’t give two birds in the hand to any bush if and when that will ever happen.” Deadpool slouched in his chair, kicked his feet up in the air and screamed. “Where is my pig?! I need a pig at my feet!”

            Nothing happened.
           
            “Does anyone not watch crappy remakes of stories we’ve overseen a million times? COME ON! I can’t be the only one that likes train wrecks.”

            Anything else?

            “Speaking of gay, I think that Wiccan kid gots the best chance of winning. Why? Because he’s gay, but also because he likes men.”

            That was enlightening.

            “You’re welcome. I’m here all week. And next week. And the week after that. And…hey, whoever gets voted out is going to be in this room with me? Or do they get their own little area? I don’t share well.”

            You’ll just have to wait and see.

            “Did I mention I don’t share well?”

            Yes.


            “I did warn you.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment